Tuesday, April 28, 2009

FUCK

I don't swear often in posts, but this is shitty.

I'm not a big Republican guy, but I'm DEFINITELY not a big Democrat guy. In fact, I hate both parties. But anyway, Arlen Spector (we in New England know him as the guy who put the NFL over the economy, while trying to prove that the Patriots cheated against the Steelers-but of course no one cared) decided to switch from Republican to Democrat, because
"the Republican Party has moved farther and farther to the right, I have found myself increasingly at odds with the Republican philosophy and more in line with the philosophy of the Democratic Party,"
and continued with
"In the course of the last several months ... I have traveled the state and surveyed the sentiments of the Republican Party in Pennsylvania and public opinion polls, observed other public opinion polls and have found that the prospects for winning a Republican primary are bleak."

So to me, all I get is, he's willing to silence dissent for another 2 years for the sake of votes? This is why I hate politicians. I mean, what does he side with? Total government control? or actual "Republican" (libertarian) principles? If the second, he's a fool, because the Democrats are definitely not libertarian by any stretch. The first makes most sense. I don't know, I'm definitely against not being true to your principles, but the already dim voice of dissent is being suffocated; why put the plastic bag around its head?

The Democrats are one seat away from potentially ruining the country.
Dissent makes the world go 'round. Atleast in America.

-It's all distorted in Americana
LibertyCatalyst