Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My thoughts on the Tea Party

I've been watching the news lately, and of course this "Republican agenda" tea party issue is being passed around. I believe this to be half true, but I want to clarify something. I'll get to that later, first I'll summarize.
Opinions on this are generally split three ways

Obama supporters, feeling this is threatening. They will do whatever they can to undermine the plan.

Neo-conservatives and deceived sheep Republicans, looking to reclaim the power they once had by championing the underdog. This is how the Democrats pulled themselves up (though they'd like you to think they did it because everyone loves them), and that's how neo-conservatism will make its return.

Atleast if the true conservatives don't block them. The true conservatives who stand for a federal decrease in government. This starts by lowering and combating taxes.

My problem with this is that the neo-conservatives suddenly are taking up positions against taxation, just to win the vote. These people aren't true libertarian minded conservatives, they are just trying to get back into power.
Of course, I won't rule out that some of them are waking up, but I don't believe all of them stand on these grounds. That dilutes the true factors in this, the most important part.
The income tax is not a necessary evil, it's just evil.
I've stated this on my new-found favorite forum site, Topix. It is both exciting and funny. Some people make valid points, others aren't very bright, but they still seem to type and make fools of themselves, and others partake in shouting matches until they win. It's almost like the real world! Haha, but seriously, it's fun over there, and I recommend you joining as well.

LibertyCatalyst