Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Why cops piss me off

I can't stand them. Don't get me wrong, some are trying to be honest people and do their job correctly, I have nothing against them and respect them. However, when a cop pulls you over and treats you like a criminal for no reason, then I have a problem.


Take this video, about a seemingly New England thing (all New England cops here, note the Rhode Island Statie uniform, quite hilarious)

Essentially, they're commanding you to wear seat belts for your own good. I was looking for one commercial that they pulled awhile ago, because it showed their true colors. It said "Cops give tickets to save lives, so Click-it, or Ticket!"
Thanks guys, I couldn't have taken care of myself without that vital information.
Seat belt laws are ridiculous. If someone gets into an accident and dies because he didn't have a seat belt on, that's his fault, not the state's for not regulating seat belt wearing.
On top of this, they trample your rights just to get stuff out of you. (see two posts ago, and the case where a school strip searched some girl for pills). It is beyond unreasonable. Another case is this one:

Completely uncalled for. I hope this guy sues the Border Patrol for all they have.
On top of this, people are saying that HE's at fault, that HE deserved what he got. I can't believe this! I would have the video here of a radio interview, but it god pulled. Anyway, the caller said that he got what he deserved, because after 9/11, we should be wary of the threat to our nation, and all this other bullshit. She's fucking insane, and probably one of those who's easily controlled by the police.
You can choose to live in a world where you waive your rights, because you've got nothing to hide, and you don't need them anyway, the government can take care of you - or you can exercise every one of your rights regardless if you need to or not, because it's your right to do so. I prefer the latter. I don't care if I'm carrying absolutely nothing in my car, a cop can't search me without a warrant or my consent; and I'm definitely not giving any cops my consent. Thanks, but no thanks.

Anyway, that lady was insane. If the youtube video reemerges, take a look. Crazy neo cons.

LibertyCatalyst